Translate

शुक्रवार, ८ मे, २०२०

Lockdown / Circuit Breaker

(Found this scribbled in my notes, on my phone. I must have jotted this down in April 2020. Have just edited it and now sharing it here)

An Evening in Singapore;
Sitting in the balcony
Looking outside
Lockdown

Caught up with news of  deaths
Just watched a few videos trolling around,
Is this all real ?
Am I dreaming?
Asking myself
It’s unbelievable
Lockdown

Darkened days
Sleepless Nights
Staring at quiet Roads
Lockdown

Staying inside
For Health
For Family
To go outside
A choice between life and death?
Lockdown

Pain in my throat 
Heard daughter coughed
Made me miss my heartbeat
Bouts of fear are daily visitors
They come, and go
Lockdown

Nothing to do except self care
Many roles to play:
Caregiver
Educator
Playmate
Lockdown

I am sitting in here in Singapore
My parents both in homeland sealed off
Worry over their health surrounds me
Worry result of my imagination?
Lockdown

What can I do?
I can only pray!
Lockdown

Trupti

कोणत्याही टिप्पण्‍या नाहीत: